Pages

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Ken's Thoughts on Naomi's Heaven Day!

Three years ago today...my wife and I were in the hospital in a private room with my mom and sister, a nurse, and the unknown fear that we had just lost our five-and-a-half- week-old daughter. With tears streaming down our face, hugs that offered very little comfort, the gloom began to sink in on the loss of Naomi Ruth.

I would have thought that after three years, this memory would not be so painful, but for this year, this is not the case. It seemed that last year was not as bad, but this morning it feels different and I cannot help but think that this will NOT be the last time. Arrrrrrgh! Why? Why? Why? No earthly answer can be given...I just have to wait...that sucks!!!

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Ken, thank you for sharing your thoughts about that day. I don't like that day for us either. I have been grateful for your family and the honor of walking through some of your experiences with you. Naomi is still one of the most beautiful angels on my Christmas tree.