Pages

Friday, December 10, 2010

Kirsten going Potty


What more is there to say. I didn't plan to potty train her until she got closer to age 3. However Kirsten had other ideas. She came to me two days ago after her bath and insisted on going potty. I thought I would just humor her and let her sit on it anyway. Much to my surprise, she peed. I was thrilled beyond words. This kid keeps on growing up before my eyes. So for the last two day I have been gently suggeting that she sit on the potty. She was always so wiling to do so. Now she has had a few accidents, which is quite normal. The big deal I am happy about is she is doing it on her own. While we were watching a movie this afternoon, she out right told me "I got to go potty." I took her into the bathroom, she climbed onto the toilet and peed. I'll gladly take a few accidents if it means I will have more success like she has had today. And of course with time, accidents will gradually decrease. I am so happy that her diaper days are history. Yea for Kirsten.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Sound like I need to send my 2 1/2 year old your way!! She's good before bath time, and usually in the morning, but the rest of the day... forget it! Not what she wants to be doing.