Pages

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Naomi's Heaven Day

I have thought a lot about what I would post on this day. I know I need to post something since this can never again be a normal day to me anymore. This is after all the day my baby Naomi Ruth Tennant left this life and graduated into the eternities. I wonder what life would have been like if she had lived. I know I wouldn't know what I know now if she had, but I still wonder. Wondering this doesn't keep me from being happy now. I do know that I wouldn't be normal if I didn't wonder this. Some times I do wonder though, if those who have passed on miss those they have left behind. Does Naomi miss me, her siblings her daddy? Does she wonder about the life she didn't have here with us? Maybe, maybe not. I know she has an eternal view on these things way beyond my understanding here on earth. But it doesn't stop me from wondering just the same if she misses us here. I guess if she does, she can always come and visit. We just don't always know she's here. I like to think of her as our guardian Angel, always watching over us. She there, she's alway there.

I also think of this time of year, being the Christmas season and all. Without the birth of Christ, there would be no way for us to return to our Heavenly Father and in turn, no way to see our loved ones again like Naomi. I am extremely grateful for Christ's birth and atonement, making it possible to see Naomi again. This alone gives me reason to go on living and to be happy. One day I will have my time with her. To raise her and see her grow. Though it seems like a long time in some ways, I know in other ways, the time will go quickly. After all to God, time is very short. So what is years to us, is only minutes to God. So while I will miss Naomi for all time, I know I won't have to miss her for eternity. For in the eternity, I will be with her again.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Thank you, Shani. You are a very wise woman with great insight and understanding. I am sorry for the pain you have had to endure. I, too, know that you will someday hold your baby in your arms and have the joy of raising her. May God bless you. Love, Dawn