Pages

Thursday, January 20, 2011

New Years Resolution

So it has taken me a few weeks to decide what my New Years Resolution should be. I thought it through and came up with a few. Let's hope for the best this year.

  1. Clean the messes I make and teach my children to do the same. This is quite different from the be a better house cleaner. This basically means if I get some thing out I should put it away. Plain and simple.
  2. Be kinder and more patient with my kids. I am not the best but that is why I put more patient. I will at least try and that's what counts.
  3. Set reasonable expectations for myself. For example crocheting a baby blanket in a week is not a reasonable expectation for myself anymore. If I crochet one every month that is fine. I seem to be my own worst boss, or critic how ever you choose to look at it.
  4. Read 3 1/2 pages of the scriptures every day. I read a blog that stated if I read 3 1/2 pages of the bible I could read it in one year. I could also read the Book of Mormon, Pearl of Great Price and the Doctrine of Covenants in one year. This interested me very much and I decided to make it a goal.
  5. I also feel it is important to love my kids more. By more I mean tell them I love them, hug them every night, and take them out for special treats every once in a while. After all to a kid or any one for that matter, Love is spelled T-I-M-E. So this year I plan to spend more quality time with each of my kids.
Well that about rapes it up. I don't want to make to many or I won't keep them all. I'm going to try to make and effort to keep just these 5. Not too many, Not too few. Just Right.

No comments: