Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Buddy(Our Best Friend)

Our best friend and Buddy in more ways then one has become quite sick today. It first started this afternoon as he came tripping up the stairs. He wouldn't walk on his back legs and finally just lay there on the floor as if he wanted to die. I called Ken who came home from work as soon as he could. I knew he needed to be taken to the vet but I knew I couldn't lift him as he is a 60 pound dog. After the vet looked him over and examined him she did some blood work and found his white blood cells were way too high. This meant he has an infection. She sent us home with some medicine that we needed to give him about every 12 hours or so. The hard thing is we can't get him to eat any food let alone the medicine. We have even tried hiding it in a dog snack and he still won't eat it. I'm afraid our Buddy has lost the will to go on living. Ken later did manage to get the medicine down his throat. We will just have to see how he is in the morning.

What is hard on me Ken and the kids is he has been our dog for the past 10 1/2 years. We got him just before I got pregnant with our first child Angela. Buddy is the reason I credit being able to get pregnant to begin with. He has been my walking buddy, my weight loss buddy my grief counselor, my play mate, my home greeter, and my over all best Buddy Ever. Ken is having a hard time as well for similar reasons. So I'm not sure what to pray, relief for the pain or relief from this life that for Buddy at this time brings unwanted pain. I will have to leave it in God's hands now.

No comments: